Last Updated: December 25, 2020
√ Information We Collect
√ Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
√ How We Use Your Information
√ Who May Have Access to Your Information
√ Your Rights And Choices
√ Data Transfers
√ European Residents
√ California Privacy Rights
√ Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
√ Note to Parents or Guardians
√ Data Retention
√ Contacting MARKT
Information We Collect
We collect the information you provide directly to us, such as when you open an account, place an order, ask to receive emails, contact our team, or interact with us on social media. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Billing information, such as credit card details and billing address;
- Optional information you may choose to provide, such as your aesthetic preferences, budget, location, age, gender; and
- Any other information you choose to provide, such as feedback, responses to surveys to receive customer support.
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the products you buy or inquire.
We may collect information about you from other sources, including:
- Third-party social media services. When you access the Services through a social network, we collect information about you from the social network in accordance with your settings on the social network. If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we may collect includes your name and email address.
- Other unaffiliated third parties, such as advertising networks, media monitoring companies, and publicly available sources.
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites;
- Search terms used to reach our websites;
- Details about the emails we send, such as opens, clicks, and unsubscribes;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, referral activity, and which emails you may have opened);
- Information about activity in our stores, such as through closed circuit TVs for security monitoring or geofencing to identify traffic in our stores; and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
Here are some notes about cookies:
- You may disable cookies if your browser permits—the exact procedure will vary from browser to browser, but on most browsers the help section will tell you how to prevent your browser from automatically accepting cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to deliver the products and Services you request, to maintain and customize your account and our interactions with you (such as on our digital properties), and to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Create and manage your online accounts and profiles;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, and use as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews, to engage with other customers, and to post on social media;
- Offer contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs or other promotions;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, purchasing history and browsing behavior;
- Monitor, audit and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Carry out short-term activities and other internal uses related to the products or services you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Detect, investigate, and respond to security incidents and protect against illegal or objectionable activities, including the unauthorized use of the Services, and protect the rights and property of MARKT and others;
- Debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Services;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research.
Who May Have Access to Your Information
Within MARKT: We may disclose certain of your personal data to MARKT affiliates and personnel who need to know the information for the purposes described above, including personnel in the customer service and information technology departments.
Third-Party Service Providers: We may use third party service providers acting on MARKT’s behalf to perform some of the services described above. For example, we share certain information with service providers who assist with the processing of credit cards and payments, hosting, managing and servicing our data, distributing emails, conducting research and analysis, advertising, analytics, or administering certain services and features. We also may share information about you with our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers and bankers, if needed. These service providers may change over time, but we will always use trusted service providers who we require to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and, as appropriate, in accordance with our instructions and the provisions of this Policy and applicable law.
Other Third Parties: In certain limited circumstances, we share and/or are obligated to share your personal data with other third parties, including (i) to comply with our obligations, to protect the rights and property of MARKT, our customers and the public, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations, and to detect and respond to suspected illegal activity and threats to the health or safety or any person or of our systems or services; (ii) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, joint venture, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, assets or stock by another company (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and/or (iii) with your consent and at your direction.
When you provide a product review or post other user content, that content may be publicly posted. Other users may be able to see your name or other information about you that you post. In certain instances, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
Your Rights and Choices
You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile, contact, payment and shipping information, at any time by logging into your MARKT account. You may also deactivate your MARKT account by emailing us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out of email marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
Web Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your browser. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your browser.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a European Resident, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may submit a request here. If you have a MARKT account, you may also review, update, and delete certain personal data by logging into your account.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a European Resident, we process your personal data when:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products you have ordered).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data for performance marketing activities, to conduct data analytics and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We need to do so to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We need to do so to protect your vital interests or those of others.
- We have your consent to do so, which you may withdraw at any time.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a European Resident, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may submit a request via email@example.com. If you have an account on our website, you may also review, update, and delete certain personal data by logging into your account.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a European Resident and have a concern about how we process personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you live. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm or, if you are a resident of Switzerland, https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact/.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and the Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal data. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The CCPA requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal data. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal data: identifiers; commercial information; demographic information (note that some demographic information may be considered characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law); internet or electronic network activity; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information; inferences; and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see “Information We Collect” above. We collect personal data for the business or commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal data for business to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Data||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, market research platform, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, other users, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers, technical maintenance and system security providers|
|Commercial Information||Data analytics providers, advertising networks, marketing partners, market research platform, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, and fraud prevention partners, cloud service provider|
|Characteristics of Protected Classifications under state or federal law, such as age||Advertising networks, marketing partners, market research platform, other users, customer feedback platforms|
|Internet or other electronic network activity||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, cloud service providers, fraud prevention partners, technical maintenance and system security providers|
|Geolocation data||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms|
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information||Customer support partners, market research platform, facility security partners|
|Inferences||Advertising networks, data analytics providers, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers|
MARKT does not sell your personal data. We do allow our advertising partners to collect certain device identifiers and electronic network activity via our Services to show ads that are targeted to your interests.
Subject to certain limitations, California consumers have the right to (1) request to know more about the specific pieces and categories of personal data we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of their personal data, and (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal data that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make a request to know more about or delete your personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by contacting you after receiving your request to verify your identity. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. If you request to delete your personal data, certain of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal data from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up instructions, and you have the ability to opt-out of the incentive by contacting us. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal data is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. We do not share your personal data with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button or the Twitter “Tweet” button) which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Note to Parents or Guardians
Our Services are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly or intentionally solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. MARKT reserves the right to delete any child’s information or registration.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
ART MARKT ASIA, LTD. 1 Gangnamdaero 51gil F15 Seocho-gu Seoul Korea Republic 06628 email@example.com